Trouble in the Tropics: South Florida's Worst Ranked Nursing Homes
FloridaBulldog.org has compiled a list of South Florida's 10 most dangerous nursing homes for elderly residents. In creating this list, the website focused on nursing homes within 100 mile radius of downtown Miami. They analyzed Medicare's grade of the nursing home as well as health inspection ratings and nursing home abuse lawsuits.
The 10 worst nursing homes in South Florida include:
-Coral Bay health care and rehabilitation in West Palm Beach
- Coral reef nursing and rehabilitation Center in Miami
- Fairhaven Center in Miami Springs
- Floridian nursing and rehabilitation Center in Miami
- Franco nursing home and rehabilitation Center in Miami Shores
- Golden Glades nursing and rehabilitation Center in Miami
- Heartland Healthcare Center in Kendall
- Hillcrest healthcare Center and rehabilitation Center in Hollywood
- The nursing center at Mercy Hospital in Miami
- South Dade nursing and rehabilitation Center which is also called Gramercy Park nursing Center.
Many of the above facilities were cited for negligent nursing home care including but not limited to: allowing patients to develop pressure sores or bedsores, allowing patients to fall repeatedly, allowing patients to wander away from the premises, failing to provide appropriate nutrition and hydration to residents, and patient neglect resulting in wrongful death. If you or a loved one have been neglected or abused in a Florida nursing home contact our Palm Beach County nursing home abuse attorneys now at 561-316-7207 for free consultation.